Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend was pretty awesome. Friday night I ordered take-out (sushi--which I love) and Joe and I watched a movie in the basement. We still try to squeeze in a date night each week, even if we stay in.

As usual, I woke up Saturday morning with Reese. Later on, when Joe woke up, he came downstairs and told me I should go see the Hot Air Balloon outside. Well, sure enough I walk out and there it was, in my own backyard. A-MAZING!


I had only seen Hot Air Balloons in the movies,  so I snapped a picture as I squeeled with delight.

Then on Saturday night we met some family at CrabTown. Joe and I ate King crab legs that were oh so delicious. Reese tried corn on the cob for the first time and she was not disappointed!


Momma's girl through and through, I'd say. Cuz' anyone who knows me KNOWS I love me some corn!


Joe was, of course, appalled by this. He is anti gnawing on food items. I reminded him that the State Fair was right around the corner so he better ready himself for two girls gnawing on some corn this year. I believe the thought of this actually happening keeps him up at night.

After we got Reese to bed on Saturday night my brother, Bryan, and his fiance*, Amy, came over to play a heated card game of Phase 10. Amy came from behind to win the game and although I didn't win, I did have bunches of fun.

*SIDE NOTE: Does the word "fiance" bother anyone else who is a Big Brother fan or is it just me? I was always fine with this word, but Rachel and Brendon have said it too much this season. It's just annoying to me now.

On Sunday morning, after I slept in (woo-hoo), Joe and I walked Reese to the park.

She loves to swing,


gives you THIS look when the swing starts to slow down, and...


THIS look when the swing stops.


Too funny.

I walked across the playground bridge with Reese.


Ahhh, sweet girl.


We also went down the small slide.


Wheeeeeee!


Acting like a kid again is one of the highlights of parenting!

To top off the weekend we saw these little guys on our walk back home.


The cutest little ducks EVER.


Like I said, we had a pretty awesome weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment