Friday, August 26, 2011

Aquarium Visit

We took Reese to the Oklahoma Aquarium last weekend while visiting with Joe's family in Tulsa. It's a pretty neat place if you've never been. We thought Reese would enjoy looking at the different sea creatures since she enjoys all things water.

I think the Aquarium was just too crowded for Reese to enjoy. I guess that's the risk you take when you go somewhere on the busy weekend. This is pretty much how she looked during the first half of our visit there.

Totally Overwhelmed 

Then Daddy held her, but still she wasn't liking being in a noisy and over crowed place.

Look at that scared face

They did have an exhibit of baby Nemos and Dori swimming around that reminded me of taking Reese to this place one day.


Joe says it doesn't make sense to take her there until she knows some of the characters and, although I totally agree with him, I can't wait till the day comes when I can take her here and here.

I will now admit to two things:

(1) Buying Reese a souvenir stuffed Nemo at the Aquarium gift shop.

(2) Showing it to her every day since the Aquarium visit saying, "Nemo, Nemo!"

I AM GUILTY of trying to expand her Disney character knowledge, but how else is she going to learn!?

After Reese warmed up a bit she seemed to enjoy seeing...

the stingrays,


the turtles,


the frogs (or toads--whatever),


and the fish.



They also had an Aquarium tunnel, with sharks in it, that you could walk through. This exhibit was the highlight for me. Too bad I didn't get a picture of it.

The trip to the Aquarium is probably like most of the excursions we'll take with Reese--we need to try it again when she's older and able to enjoy it more! 


All in all it was still a good family day! Just not Reese's absolute favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment