Sunday, September 16, 2012

State Fair 2012

Well folks The Great State Fair of Oklahoma is happening this week and the Sanders' Trio couldn't be more excited. We were planning on only going once this year, but after all the fun we had today we might just go again later this week.

It finally feels like Fall outside and I'm lovin' it!
What about you?

We arrived pretty early and since the fair wasn't at all crowded (yet) we let Reese loose to roam wherever her heart desired. One of the destinations she took us to was this fountain.


Then we saw a longhorn and some horses. 
She really wanted to crawl in the stalls with them. 


She kept pointing saying, "Cow." "Moooo." 


I had to remind her which were horses. 
I would neigh and she'd laugh.


Is it OK to gnaw on corn on the cob at 10 am? 
Reese and I did, loved it, and we'd recommend doing it!


Corn on the Cob thief!
She loves it like it's her baby--hey, I know the feeling!


After a quick snack we were off to the Agricultural building. This is where Reese was able to pet and see all sorts of different animals. Like this freshly hatched baby chick.


Seriously made this little girl's day.


These must be the chicks' Mamas.


She was so gentle with this bunny. 
I was very proud of her.


They had this area called "Be a Farmer for the Day." It was a bit too old for Reese to understand, but she still sat there and watched the demonstration on how farmers plant seeds.


And how they pick their crops.


Apple Picking Fun!


She definitely knew what eggs were. She loves to help me crack eggs when I make them for breakfast.


Reese said "Baaaa" when we saw this sheep.


And "Mooo" again when we saw this cow.


At the Petting Zoo we got to pet a deer, a pig, goats, and llamas. Right after Joe took this picture this deer started to eat my shoe laces and while I was busy re-tying my shoes it tried to eat Reese's shirt. Needless to say we quickly moved on to petting the other (non-clothes eating) animals.


The very last stop was the Auto Show. Reese enjoyed getting in a few of the trucks--showing off her steering skills. Soon after this picture was taken Reese had a bit of a "I'm tired and overwhelmed so get me the heck outta here" meltdown. It was a doosey let me tell ya. We came home and she was asleep in a matter of minutes. Maybe her 5:30 mornings are finally starting to catch up with her? Yeah, I'm hoping that's a phase we're soon to be over with.


Nevertheless--meltdown and all--the State Fair 2012 ROCKED! Just like I knew it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment