Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Then and Now

Today isn't my exact anniversary of becoming a stay at home mom, but it's certainly close. Let's take a look back at what Reese was up to then and now.

Then her exersaucer was a favorite play time activity.


So was rolling around on a blanket.


Now she really enjoys swinging.
The higher and faster--the better--in her opinion.


and pretty much getting into ev-ery-thing. Sigh.


Then she absolutely hated being in the pool.


Now she loves it.


Then she had to be spoon fed.


Now she proudly feeds herself.
Sometimes with her bestie right by her side.


Wow! What a difference a year can make!

So, how has my life changed from then to now?
Let's break it down...

Then I took care of, disciplined, and educated 25+ children; Now it's only 1.

Then I planned lessons; Now I plan play dates.

Then I was lucky to have 10 minutes for lunch; Now it's unlimited.

Then I drove to work; Now I drive to run errands.

It's not all roses and rainbows though folks...

Then I buzzed the office if a child puked, pooped, or peed on themselves; Now I am the cleaner upper.

Then I was guaranteed to have some sort of adult interaction throughout the day; Now there's no guarantee.

Then I woke up early on workdays; Now I wake up early everyday.

So...If I had to choose then or now?
I'd choose NOW

Why you ask? 

Then I was happy with my career; Now I'm even happier.

Then I thought mostly of my well being; Now it's her's.

Then I dreamt of being a Mom; Now I am Reese's Mommy.


Best and hardest job in the world!
The perfect job for me. 
Then and Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment