Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Adoption

A few Sundays ago Joe took Reese to PetSmart to pick up some dog food for our two dogs Tucker and Bella. Here's a snapshot of them with me a few days before Miss Reese was born.


They're great dogs and they're so kind and patient with Reese which makes them really great dogs. However, having two really great dogs and a really great daugther is a bit a handful at times. It's not too much to handle, but I don't need any additional canine kiddos added to the mix ifyouknowwhatI'msayin'.

Joe and Reese had been gone on their PetSmart trip for quite awhile so I decided to call to make sure they were ok. When Joe picks up he apologized and said he had totally forgotten Sunday was PetSmart's Adoption Day and he took Reese on a side trip to visit and pet all the dogs. Here are some pictures off Joe's I-Phone from their little excursion.





Joe said she had a blast visiting and talking with the animals. I always feel so bad for the pets up for adoption. Joe adopted Tucker from an animal shelter and together we adopted Bella so I am all for adopting animals in need, but again I don't need anything else added to my  responsibility plate right now ifyoustillknowwhatI'msayin'. 

I always thought Joe felt the same way, so when he tells me he and Reese adopted a dog on their outing I am speechless. Not for long though. Pretty soon I say something like, "WHAT! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME SANDERS!" To which he replied by saying something like, "You'll see honey, we're pulling into the driveway now."

Let me introduce you to the newest member of our family...


our stuffed yorkie (without a name yet)! Apparently, Joe took Reese on another side trip to Target to pick up this low maintanence beauty. She doesn't bark or shed or need to be potty trained. She even lets Reese comb her to death (I guess not really since she's not technically alive but you know what I mean).



Best of all this new addition to our family makes this girl happy. And Mommy's happy, too.
Well played Joe.


Now for a name??
Suggestions please!

2 comments:

  1. How about Yolanda the Yorkie--or Yasmine or Yippee or Yummy...can you tell that I like alliteration? She is getting too big! I think that you and Joey need an overnight or two away. Bring her to Aunt Tiffany's house for a night or two...please!!! We don't see her enough, and Phoebe would love to play with her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe says, "We'll get back to ya!" I say, "I deserve a few nights away. Sign me up!" Hmmm...I kinda like Yolanda. We could call her Yo for short. I'll keep you posted on the final decision. Afterall, naming a child is kinda a big deal! It's not to be taken lightly or be rushed.

    ReplyDelete