Sunday, October 16, 2011

Muffet Tuffet

Nana watched Reese when I returned to teaching last April. It was bittersweet for me. It was great to see my students and friends at work and close out the school year with them, but it was difficult leaving Reese each morning to do so.

Knowing Reese was in my mom's care made it easier, but I wouldn't call it easy. Most days, when I arrived home, I found them together in the nursery and mostly I found Reese asleep on her "Muffet Tuffet." This was the name my mom gave to the combination of Reese's bobby pillow and her lap.


My mom wondered if Reese would remember the special six + weeks they spent together, because she knew she'd never forget. Well, I can't claim Reese remembers this time, however, she definitely remembers her Nana when she sees her. 

I read somewhere that babies study the faces of the people that are most important to them. People that care for them. People they can trust. People that meet their needs. 

Reese knows my mom's face.

She knows she's an important person in her life,

and 


She would never of fired her a** if she didn't have to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment