Monday, June 20, 2011

Need a laugh?

We took Reese to get a Passport back in March. She needs one for our upcoming trip to Niagara Falls.

I had this task all planned out. First, I took her to our local pharmacy store to get her Passport photo made. I strategically planned this outing right after Reese woke up from a nap. I had her in a cute outfit, her hair was nicely combed, and she was in a chipper mood. The photo she took  wasn't great by any means, however, it wasn't awful either. "Acceptable" was the term I would use to describe it. I thought "Hey, she could live with this photo for the next 5 years", so I paid my 10 dollars and was on my way.

The following day Joe took off work and him and I made the trip to the Post Office to complete the Passport process. We had already filled out all the necessary paperwork, had Reese's photos, had our check payment ready, and we were both present.
Side note: Both parents must be present in order to obtain a Passport for a child.

BOTTOM LINE: We were PREPARED! Or so we thought we were.

The lady helping us took one look at the photo the pharmacy had taken and said, "Well, we have a problem here." My eyes widened, "What's the problem?" Apparently, the photo was WAY too big. She told us we had two choices. One would be to return to the pharmacy and retake the photo and then return to the post office to see if the photo met the Passport requirements OR she could take an acceptable photo right then and later we could return to the pharmacy and ask for a refund. Joe and I looked at each other...what to do? what to do? decisions! decisions! We opted for choice B. This required us to wake Reese up (she was sleeping in her car seat at the time)...HUGE mistake. She had spit up all over her outfit, her hair was NOT photo ready, and she was pissed that her nap was interrupted.

After several minutes of trying to position fussy Reese and take a photo that the lady helping us deemed acceptable....THIS is the photo that we ended up with.


My stress level must have been pretty high, because I actually AGREED that this photo was acceptable, too. It wasn't until the official Passport showed up several weeks later that I realized HOLY CRAP I can't believe Reese is going to have to live with this Passport for the next 5 years of her life. What the heck was I thinking? Then I died laughing and peed my pants a bit from all the laughing I was doing.

I hope this photo brightens your day and makes you laugh so hard you pee your pants a bit, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment