Saturday, June 18, 2011

Branson Bound

On Wednesday morning we left for a family trip to Branson, Missouri. I really enjoy going to Branson. I like the change in scenery, Silver Dollar City, the outlet mall, and Table Rock Lake. It is really beautiful there and I was looking forward to GETTING OUT OF TOWN if you know what I mean!

This was Reese's first BIG trip! We stayed three nights and four days. She did really well considering her sleeping schedule was off. For the most part she went with the flow of things and we all had FUN! She even did well on the 5 hour drive there and back.

We packed most of the things we "needed" in our SUV. Do you think we had enough to occupy Reese while we were away?


It's funny how babies used to play with just a toy or two and now there's all these things that vibrate, light up, and play music to entertain them. Oh well, I see most of these baby items as NECESSITIES, however, Joe has already given me strict orders NOT to pack this much when we go to Niagara Falls next month. I agree. I did go a bit overboard.

When we arrived on Wednesday afternoon we headed to Silver Dollar City. Grandma Sanders and Aunt Tiffany watched Reese while Joe and I rode rides. It had been awhile since I had ridden a roller coaster. It was so much fun! Thank God for family members willing to watch babies!


When I wasn't riding rides, Reese and I hung out in the shade and played!


I think we look a bit alike here. What do you think?

On Thursday, we spent a full day at Silver Dollar City. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. We made sure to get a family picture.


Reese was a trooper, but by the end of the day she was a tired little girl.


The last day in Branson we rented a boat and a jet ski on Table Rock Lake. Reese DID NOT care for her life jacket, however, once the boat got going she fell asleep. Her cousin, Jaydyn, decided to join in on the napping...I guess a boat has this effect on babies. Note to self : Buy a boat.

Reese in blue. Jaydyn in pink.

A close up of the sleeping beauty. Oh how I love her!


All and all we had a blast in Branson. I look forward to the day when we are BRANSON BOUND again!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you all had a good time, glad to read about all the goings on. Most of all, glad you're back safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for housesitting while we were away. Joe and I missed our tempurpedic most of all and we could tell Reese was happy to be home, too. We did have fun, but as you know, NOTHING beats home.

    ReplyDelete