Wednesday, June 29, 2011

bowling fun for ALMOST everyone!

Each month one member of my family plans a meal for us to share. During our Christmas gathering we all draw a month out of a hat (or whatever else is around.) Then we are sent monthly emails telling us when and where to meet. Our unsaid motto is: if you can make it-- great and if you can't--hopefully we'll see ya at the next month's gathering. Most of the time we meet at a restaurant, but occasionally we meet at someone's home to share a meal they prepare. We are all busy in our daily lives, however, by doing these "Moveable Feasts", as my mother calls them, we are able to stay connected throughout the year.

I chose to go bowling for my month of June. Most of us ordered food and ate while we bowled. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves--except for Reese that is! She has been spooked lately by loud noises, so needless to say bowling wouldn't have been HER top choice. It's official, I won't be receiving a "Mother of the Year" Award for choosing this activity and dragging her along, but I saw this coming anyway.

Once Reese got acclimated to her surroundings, she did do better, but all in all she looked forward to getting the heck out of there. Here are some pictures I took of Reese with the MANY people who showed her love and tried to provide her comfort during her..."time of need."

Uncle Glen and Aunt Kate

Cousin Tayler

Cousin Karson 

Kasron asked Kate if she was going to "be a good mommy someday." Although she didn't ask me my answer to her would have been "Yes, I think you'll make a GREAT mommy Karson." 

SIDE NOTE: Reese is totally not hungry in this picture. She had to comfort eat while we bowled to make it through the 2 hours there. Hey I understand--I've done it, too!

Cousin Ryan

Papa Don
Reese really enjoyed the texture of his shirt!

Nana Janell singing to Reese

Daddy

Here are some other photos. These don't include Reese, however, I thought they were cute enough to make the blog cut.

My brother Kyle

My future sister-in-law, Amy, holding Karson

My nephew, Jackson, and brother Bryan were there as well. I thought I had gotten a picture of Jackson, but I guess I was mistaken. I attempted to get several pictures of my brother, Bryan, but he was being camera shy.

I think it will be a few years before we attempt bowling again with Reese. Maybe one day she won't mind the noise and become a good bowler. She will need to get pointers on how to do that from her daddy, though, because I discovered bowling is just not my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment