Friday, November 23, 2012

Library Visits

Growing up I remember my Grandma Betty, my dad's mom, taking my sister Kate and I to the public library by her house. She would take us there for story time and to check out books. I loved every bit of it. I especially loved the smell of the library. Everyone knows the "Old Book" smell--right? Well, whatever that smell is I love it and smelling it brings me back to those special memories I have with my special grandmother.

I take Reese each week to the library. We've visited 3 or 4 in our area, including the newly renovated Southern Oaks Library which I used to visit with my Grandma Betty. Our favorite library is about 15 or 20 minutes from our house, but it's worth the drive because it has the best children's area.

On our most recent trip we walked into the children's area and found a professional photographer taking pictures of all the children playing and reading. They asked permission to take Reese's photograph and said they'd sent it to me if it turned out.

Well, a few days later they sent me this


The most beautiful picture of my beautiful daughter doing one of her most favorite things--Reading.

I love my beautiful reader.
She makes me burst with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment