Wednesday, July 25, 2012

SFV 2012

Last week we spent time in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on our annual Sanders' Family Vacation. I had never traveled to that part of the U.S. and I must say it was really beautiful. We rented some condos that were high in the Smoky Mountains. The views were pretty incredible.

One day we went on a aerial tram ride.


Reese held on tight to me (and Eeyore of course) and I held on tight to the hand pole.


When we reached the top there was fun waiting for us.
A carousal ride.



A black bear exhibit


With the two cutest black bear cubs,



and otters.


Another day we explored a large Aqaurium.
It had clear tubes for Reese to crawl through.


And a shark exhibit.

 

Yikes! There was a shark that looked like it had a chainsaw for a nose. I wouldn't want to find myself swimming around with that guy!


Papa Sanders and Reese watched the Mermaid Show. Yes, there were Mermaids at this Aquarium.


During the show I kept singing The Little Mermaid Disney songs to Reese. "Under da Sea..." and "I wanna be where the people are..." I try to sneak Disney into any situation to expand her Disney knowledge. Pathetic? Maybe. Regrets? No way!

The Aquarium was also the place where Reese enjoyed her first corndog on a stick. 

She looks like such a big girl in this photo.


Later in the week fun was had by all at Dollywood.




Momma and Reese rode the spinning teacups.


Daddy and Reese rode the ducks together.


I was not prepared (emotionally) to see Reese ride her first ride solo, but it happened anyway. When did she get old enough to do this?


What do these ducks do Mommy?


She sure knew what these were for!
She was in Stuffed Animal Heaven.


Reese beat the heat by playing in the splash area with her cousins Ryan and Dylan.




Well, those are some highlights from our trip. I'm glad we spent the week in such a pretty place. There's no place quite as pretty as your own home though.

No comments:

Post a Comment