Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Book Worm

Well it's official, Reese is a book worm!

She's been read to since she was in my belly, but her love of reading still surprises me. I guess this has something to do with her age. See, she can "read" to herself for 20 minutes (or more) non stop. She's perfectly engaged and happy to sit there going through board book after board book. It's as if they're her friends and she's playing with them.

She still likes to be read to, too, but only on her terms. She will take the book from you midway through if she wants to finish it herself or if she's just not "feeling it."

However, she has her favorites that she will almost always let you finish reading.

Let's see...there's Five Little Monkeys. When I snapped this picture I had no idea what she was doing with her hand and then it dawned on me. She's trying to do the hand motions I always make when I read this book to her. She's catching on that smartie pants.


Then there's Sheep in a Jeep. She often wants me to read this to her again and again. Maybe she enjoys all the rhyming words in the book?


Another favorite is Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? This version has sound buttons. She really enjoys pushing them and listening to the different animal sounds.


She's also taken with her Sesame Street books at the moment.


Sometimes I catch her Reading while walking. 
This is disasterous at times.


Other times I find her reading in the most unusual places. Like her old vibrating baby chair.


This video gives you a glimpse into how her reading sessions go. She goes from book to book. Sometimes forwards and backwards. Laughs to herself. She's so precious to watch.


Did you notice how she flipped the Sesame Street book right side up. She's already picking up on correct book orientation. It's also clear she loves Elmo.

Man, oh man, I am one proud momma! 

2 comments: