Monday, December 5, 2011

Red Cake Day

Red Cake Day has occurred the last three years, or so.
The women on my mother's side meet to celebrate.

Celebrate Christmas, celebrate my grandma Carol, celebrate our love of red velvet cake.
We eat, visit, laugh, exchange gifts, and are merry.

Reese was able to attend, out of the womb, this year.

My Grandma Carol was a great cook.
I loved it best when she made Red Velvet Cake.
Her icing wasn't the usual white, which made it special.

First, the ingredients are mixed.


Then, poured in cake tins.


After the cakes cool


they are placed on a cake plate.


My new sister Amy, a baker, was there to help us out.


Then it's time for the best part. 
The icing of course!
This years' batch was the best yet.


So delicious you have to sneak a finger taste.


When we weren't baking we were...

gathered around my Aunt Christi's fireplace,


or catching up.


Reese caught up on some reading



and was swung around by her Nana


again

and again!

Wheeeee!

My Grandma Carol is loved and missed.
We honor her memory on Red Cake Day!

1 comment:

  1. When we talked earlier -- I failed to say this: I like your point of view on yesterday better.

    ReplyDelete