Monday, June 13, 2011

Weddings and Honeymoons

I went to my cousin's wedding the other day. Matthew looked handsome, his bride, Whitney, looked beautiful and their ceremony was lovely, however, the whole time I kept thinking of my own wedding. Funny how weddings make you do that.

Our wedding day--December 29, 2007. This was our first kiss as husband and wife. Awww...MEMORIES!


Where is my cousin Matthew and his new bride honeymooning? HAWAII  Which Hawaiian island are they traveling to? MAUI Which resort are they staying at? THE ROYAL LAHAINA

Why am I mentioning all of this to you and what does this have to do with me? Joe and I honeymooned at the SAME EXACT state, island, and resort! 

So, OF COURSE this got me thinking of our Hawaiian Honeymoon. I wondered...

Are Matthew and Whitney going to enjoy waking up to this view every morning as much as we did?


And...Watching these kind of sunsets every night?


Are they going to walk along the beautiful beach there?


And...Are they going to write their names in the sand and take a picture to remember it by?


Are they planning on making the crazy DRIVE TO HANA and see beautiful views like this?


And...This!


And...Will they stop at the black sand beach along the way and take pictures of their feet to remember that indeed the sand was black?


Will they do something that gets their hearts racing like ziplining over the huge crater there?



Or...will they go snorkeling together and run into sea turtles?




Will they attend a Luau, wear leis, and have their picture taken?


And...When they see a rainbow, will they think it was made just for them on their honeymoon?


I sure hope they do these things and more! Afterall, that's what you do when you're in love and honeymooning. 

Joe and I have talked several times about returning to Maui for our 5th wedding anniversary. 

SIDE NOTE:
We will now start accepting invitations from those who wish to watch Reese while we enjoy paradise and act like honeymooners again.  It will be sometime around our anniversary in December 2012 for all of those grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other family members that need to check their calendars!

And...What was Miss Reese doing during this wedding I attended and during all this honeymoon reminiscing you might ask?? Afterall, this blog is suppose to be about her--right?

She was sleeping in her crib and probably looked as angelic as she did in this photo.


I've always been told to let sleeping babies lie and that is EXACTLY what I did. Even if Reese has to miss special events--like weddings--she will remain sleeping if that is what she needs! Joe and I will have to miss some events, too, but that's parenting for ya!  


I would like to express my gratitude to Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Kloiber by saying "MAHALO"! I really enjoyed reliving our wedding and honeymoon through you two! 

No comments:

Post a Comment