Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

I totally stole our new Valentine's Day tradition.
I admit it.

When Joe's sister Tiffany had younger children her family did a "Lady and the Tramp" themed Valentine's night.

Basically, you eat spaghetti and meatballs for dinner


and watch the Disney movie Lady and the Tramp.


I absolutely LOVE traditions, eating, and Disney movies so adding this to our Valentine's Day festivities was right up my alley.

I am not sure what Reese loved most about her first spaghetti eating experience.

Was it the act of eating it?


Slurping it?


Playing with it?


Or slinging it?



Whatever the reason I now know 2 things:

1. Reese loves spaghetti.
2. Spaghetti might be a once a year experience for us.

What a MESS!
A lot of post-dinner clean up is required for sure.

After dinner and a (much needed) bath it was time to open gifts!

Reese received a basket full of goodies from Cupid.


The tissue was her favorite part of the gift basket.


Daddy got her new black converse sneakers.
Her favorite part about them was playing with the cool box they came in.


She also received a new pair of red socks.
Her favorite part about the socks was (of course) playing with the tag that came attached to them.


When am I going to learn all Reese wants is a big bag full of paper, boxes, and tags?
So. much. cheeper.

I must have been living right to deserve a gigantic box of Godiva chocolates and these flowers for V-Day.


Who were they from?
Well, the chocolates came from Joe, but who the flowers came from is still an unsolved mystery.


You see, I have been receiving flowers from the SAME secret admirer since I was a child. Do you have any idea who it could be? Yeah, I'm stumped, too. Never the less, I do call to thank my dad each year. He swears it is not him, but if I want to give him the credit he'll accept it.

All in all, I'd say we have a pretty awesome Valentine's Day tradition started. Joe's excited about it, too.


Even if I did have to steal it.
Now, if you wanna steal it you have to say you got the idea from me. Sorry Tiffany.

I love my family.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! (a day late)

No comments:

Post a Comment